« PreviousContinue »
359. Regulations as to Printing and Posting Schedules of Rates for
Freight Moving Through Foreign Countries from and to
Any Place in the United States.
360. No Change of Schedules of Rates Shall Be Made Without
361. Names of All Carriers Parties to Schedules Must Be Specified.
362. Carriers Shall File Contracts Relating to Traffic Arangements.
363. Commission May Prescribe Form of Schedules.
364. No Carrier Shall Participate in Interstate Commerce Unless
the Charges Therefor are Published, and No Such Car-
366. The Commission May Reject Schedules.
367. Penalty for Failure to Comply with Orders under Section Six.
368. Penalty for Misstating or Failure to State Rate.
370. Corporations Violating the Act to Regulate Commerce Guilty
as Individuals and Punishment Prescribed.
371. Rebate. Punishment for Offering, Granting, Soliciting, or Ac-
372. Act of Officer or Agent, When Binding.
373. Carrier Filing or Participating in Rate Bound 'hereby.
Forfeiture for Rebating in Addition to Penalties.
Jurisdiction over Water Carriers.
Physical Connection Between Rail Lines and Dock of Water
377. Through Routes and Joint Rates Between Rail and Water
Proportional Rates to and from Ports.
379. Through Rates via Panama Canal.
380. Conditions under Which Through Routes and Joint Rates
with Water Carriers May Be Operated to Be Prescribed by
381. Contracts and Combinations to Prevent Continuous Carriage
382. Damages and Attorneys' Fees Allowed for Violations.
383. Where to Sue for Damages, Compulsory Attendance of Wit-
nesses and Production of Papers.
384. Penalties for Violations of the Act.
385. Penalties for False Billing, False Classification, False Weigh.
386. Penalties against Shippers for False Billing, etc.
387. Penalties and Damages for Inducing Discriminations.
388. Appointment and Term of Office of Commissioners.
390. Power of Courts to Punish for Disobedience, Witnesses Not
Excused Because Testimony May Incriminate.
391. Right to Take Testimony by Depositions and the Manner
392. Persons Who May File Complaints with the Commission and
393. Commission May on Its Own Motion Institute Investigations.
393a. Procedure When State Rates Involved.
393b. Order of Commission Binding Notwithstanding State Laws.
394. Reports of Commission on Investigations, How Made and
395. Power of Commission to Determine and Prescribe Just and
Reasonable Rates, Regulations and Practices.
396. When Orders Take Effect and How Long Continue Unless
Modified or Set Aside by the Commission or a Court.
396a. Through Routes and Joint Rates May Be Established by the
396b. Limitations on the Power to Prescribe Through Routes.
396c. Delivery of Ordinary Live Stock.
397. Division of Joint Rate May Be Prescribed by Commission.
398. Right to Suspend Proposed Increases in Rates.
399. Burden of Proof to Justify Rates Increased after Jan. 1, 1910.
400. Through Routes and Joint Rates May Be Established by the
401. Limitation of the Power to Prescribe Through Routes.
402. Shippers May Designate Routing.
403. Unlawful to Give or Receive Information Relative to Shipments.
404. Charges for Instrumentalities Furnished by Shipper Must Be
405a. Meaning of Word "Rates" and "Carriers".
405b. Commission's Power to Initiate Rates-Fair Return.
405c. Percentage Constituting a Fair Return To Be Determined By
405d. Determination of Aggregate Value of Property.
405e. Income In Excess of Fair Return a Trust Fund.
405f. Disposition of Excess Over Six Per Centum.
405g. Carriers' Use of Reserve Fund.
405h. Limit of Five Per Centum for Reserve Fund.
4051. Rules to be Prescribed for Recovery of Excess Income.
405j. Administration of This Trust Fund by Commission.
405k. Applications By Carriers for Loan of Trust Fund.
4051. Action by the Commission on Applications for Loans.
405m. Applications by Carriers for Lease of Facilities Controlled
405r. Rights of Carriers When Undertaking New Construction.
406. Award of Damages Shall Be Made by Commission after
407. Carrier Failing to Comply with Order for Reparation, Suit
May Be Brought Thereon in United States and State Courts,
the Order Being Prima Facie Evidence of the Right to Re-
408. Limitation on Actions for Damages.
409. All Parties Jointly Awarded Damages May Sue as Plaintiffs
Against All Carriers Parties to the Award.
411. Commission May Suspend or Modify Its Orders.
412. Punishment for Knowingly Disobeying an Order Issued under
413. Special Attorneys May Be Employed.
414. Courts May Enforce Obedience to Commission's Order, Man-
415. Schedules, Contracts, etc., Must Be Filed with the Commis-
sion, and, When Filed, Original or Certified Copy Prima
416. Rehearings May Be Granted by Commission.
Procedure before the Commission.
417a. Division of the Commission.
417b. Functions of Commission May Be Performed by Divisions.
417c. Procedure of Divisions-Rehearing by Whole Commission.
418. Salaries and Expenses of the Commission.
419. Principal Office of Commission in Washington, but May Prose-
420. The Commission Is Authorized to Investigate, Ascertain and
Report the Value of Railroad Property.
Method of Procedure to Be Prescribed by the Commission.
422. How Such Investigation Is Prosecuted.
423. Duty of Carriers to Aid the Investigation.
426. Notice of Completion of Valuation.
427. Hearings Before Valuation Fixed.
Effect of Valuation as Evidence.
Applicable to Receivers-Penalty.
Jurisdiction of Courts to Aid.
431. Requirements as to Transportation of Employees of the Com-
mission with Supplies Therefor.
432. Annual Reports Required and What They Shall Contain.
Penalties for Failure to Make.
435. The Commission May Permit the Destruction of Papers.
436. Penalty for an Examiner Divulging Information Received as
United States Circuit and District Courts May, Upon Ap-
plication of Attorney-General at Request of Commission,
Commission May Employ Agents or Examiners.
439. Receiving Carrier Liable for Loss, Remedy Cumulative.
440. Carriers Liable for Full Value of Property Transported-Cum-
440b. Bill of Lading Act-Transportation Included in Act.
440c. Straight Bill of Lading.
440d. Order Bill of Lading; Negotiable.
440f. Indorsement on Order Bill.
440g. Indorsement on Straight Bill of Lading.
4401. Liability of Carrier to Purchaser of Order Bill.
440j. Person To Whom Carrier May Deliver Goods.
440k. Liability of Carrier in Case of Delivery of Goods to Wrong
4401. Liability of Carrier to Purchase of Order Bill.
440m. Liability in Case of Loss of Part of Goods.
4400. Courts May Order Delivery of Goods on Loss of Order Bill
440r. Requiring Conflicting Claimants to Interplead.
440s. Delivery By Carrier When Informed of Adverse Claim to
440t. Claim of Third Person Enforced by Legal Process.
440u. Shipper's Weight, Load and Count.
440w. Liability of Carrier on Bill of Lading Issued By Its Agent.
440x. Attachment by Garnishment.
440aa. Liability of Carrier After Sale of Goods.
440bb. Negotiation of Order Bill by Delivery.
440cc. Transfer of Bill by Delivery.
440dd. Negotiation of Order Bill by Person in Possession.
440jj. Warranties by Mortgagee.
440kk. Bona Fide Purchaser of Bill Wrongly Negotiated.
44000. Forgery or Counterfeiting Bill of Lading; Penalty.
440rr. Invalidity of Part of Act.
441. Carrier, As Used in This and Next Eleven Sections, Defined.
441a. Security Issues Regulated.
441b. Power of Commission Over Applications to Issue Securities.
441c. Commission To Prescribe Form of Applications.
441d. Notice of Sale of Securities Required.
441e. Notice of Applications-How Served.
441f. Exclusive and Plenary Jurisdiction Given Commission.
441g. No Guarantee by United States.
441h. Not Applicable to Notes-Rule as To No Par Stock.
4411. Reports of Carriers Showing Security Issues Required.
441k. Interlocking Railway Directorates Regulated.
4411. Annual Reports by Commission to Congress.
Circumstances under Which Reduced or Free Fares and Rates
443. Existing Remedies Not Abridged or Altered.
444. Interchangeable Mileage Tickets, How Issued.
445. Discrimination May Be Prevented by Writ of Mandamus,
446. Number, Terms, Qualification, Salary and Appointment of Com-
446a. Certain Water Carriers to File Schedules.
446b. Information To Be Furnished By Water Carriers.
446c. Change of Schedules To Be Filed.
446d. Through Bills of Lading Required.
446e. Such Through Lading Not An Arrangement for Continuous
446f. Automatic Trains-Control Devices May Be Required.
447. Existing Laws as to Obtaining Testimony Applicable to Act.
448. Repealing Conflicting Laws Not to Affect Pending Suits.
449. Time of Taking Effect of Act.
451. Pending Cases Not Affected.
452. Commission to Investigate Questions Pertaining to Issuance