« PreviousContinue »
Appointed by the Board of Supervisors:
The county attorney; superintendent of burials of indigent soldiers,
sailors and marines; superintendent of the court house and the court
house annex. In the office of the County Clerk:
The custodian; the deputy; one secretary.
Clerk to the county judge.
The deputy; one tax clerk; one secretary.
The assistant district attorney; stenographer to the grand jury; the
county detective. In the office of the Superintendent of the Poor:
The matron (wife of the keeper). In the office of the Surrogate:
Clerk of the surrogate's court; deputy clerk; clerk to the surrogate.
Richmond County In the office of the Commissioner of Jurors:
The assistant commissioner of jurors.
The deputy county clerk.
The clerk of the surrogate's court; one confidential clerk.
First assistant district attorney; second assistant district attorney; one
special messenger and subpoena server; one confidential clerk; two
stenographers to grand jury. In the office of the Sheriff :
The secretary and investigator.
The county attorney.
The deputy; the second deputy; the secretary.
One clerk or stenographer.
One clerk or stenographer; one assistant district attorney.
In the office of the Superintendent of the Poor:
Matron at the almshouse (wife of keeper). In the Surrogate's Court:
Clerk of the court; one clerk and stenographer.
Ulster County Appointed by the Board of Supervisors:
The county attorney. In the County Court:
The stenographer to the grand jury.
The assistant district attorney.
Chaplains; the physician; the matron (wife of keeper).
The clerk of the court.
The county attorney; manager of the Bronx Valley sanitary trunk sewer. In the County Court:
One court stenographer.
One secretary; two chaplains.
The first deputy.
The deputy treasurer; one cashier.
First assistant district attorney; second assistant district attorney; one
clerk; the stenographer to grand jury; confidential clerk and stenog.
rapher; county investigator. In the office of the Register:
One mortgage tax deputy; one cashier, mortgage tax bureau. In the office of the Sheriff:
The sheriff's clerk; the attorney. In the office of the Surrogate:
The clerk of the court; one clerk or attendant to surrogate; one deputy
clerk of the court; the transfer tax assistant.
VILLAGE SERVICE All unskilled laborers, and such skilled laborers as are not included in the competitive class or the non-competitive class, which are to be specially designated in the regulations prescribed by the commission. Ilion:
Engineer (per dient compensation); attorney; treasurer; registrar of
vital statistics (fees); auto driver, fire department, $10 a month. Ossining:
Counsel; police justice; engineer and surveyor (per diem employment);
secretary, board of health. Peekskill:
Attorney; police justice; acting police justice; engineer and surveyor
(per diem employment). Port Chester:
Corporation counsel; assessor; police justice; acting police justice; sec.
retary, board of health, who is also registrar of vital statistics.
Rule VI. Appointments in the Exempt Class Appointments may be made to the exempt class without examination. Notification of such appointments shall be made forthwith to the commission for entry upon the official roster and subsequent certification for payment of salaries.
Rule VII. The Competitive Class The competitive class shall include all positions now existing or hereafter created of whatever function, designation or compensation in each and every branch of the classified service, except such positions as are specifically desig. nated in the exempt class or the non-competitive class, arranged in the following groups and subdivisions :
GROUPS BASED UPON THE CHARACTER OF THE SERVICE
RENDERED Group A. Clerks, which term shall include all positions, the duties of which are of a clerical character, and which are not otherwise specifically provided for herein. Subdivision 1. Secretaries, chief clerks.
2. Clerks, recorders, registers, copyists.
6. Pages, office boys and girls. Group B. Cashiers, which term shall include all positions, the duties of which are the actual receipt, custody or disbursement of money or the enforcement of the accountability for the same. Subdivision 1. Cashiers, tellers, paymasters, disbursing agents or clerks,
Group C. Custodians and messengers, which term shall include all positions, the duties of which are the charge of property or persons, or as attendants. Subdivision 1. Stewards who are not disbursing agents, superintendents of
buildings. 2. Matrons. 3. Storekeepers. 4. Prison and reformatory keepers and guards. 5. Officers, attendants, nurses, etc., having care of inmates of
institutions and hospitals. 6. Protectors of forest, fisheries and game. 7. Messengers, ushers, attendants, orderlies, marshals, criers,
porters, watchmen in courts and offices. 8. Janitors.
9. Elevatormen. Group D. Engineers, which term shall include all positions where qualifica tions of an engineering or cognate character are required. Subdivision 1. Civil engineers.
2. Levelers, surveyors, rodmen.
9. Steam engineers, firemen, engine drivers. Group E. Inspectors, which term shall include all positions, the duties of which are the inspection of materials or workmanship or the supervision of laborers. Subdivision 1. Superintendents of construction or repairs when not civil en.
gineers or architects.
4. Overseers, foremen. Group F. Special agents, which term shall include all positions requiring detective ability. Subdivision 1. Examiners for the banking department.
2. Examiners for the insurance department.
7. Inspectors of milk, butter, cheese, vinegar, etc. Group G. Law positions, which term shall include all positions requiring some legal knowledge. Subdivision 1. Law clerks, brief clerks, statutory revision clerks, clerks in
other offices whose duties require some legal knowledge. 2. Corporation examiners and clerks. 3. Clerks of courts.
Group H. Medical positions, which term shall include all positions requir-
9. Veterinarians. Group I. Mathematicians, which term shall include all positions requiring special mathematical qualifications. Subdivision 1. Actuaries, statisticians, computers.
2. Expert accountants. Group J. Scientists, which term shall include all positions requiring special scientific knowledge. Subdivision 1. Geologists.
6. Chemists. Group K. Agriculturists, which term shall include all positions requiring agricultural or horticultural knowledge, including arboriculture and the breeding and care of domestic animals. Subdivision 1. Agriculturists, farmers.
2. Horticulturists, gardeners, arboriculturists. Group L. Instructors, which term shall include all positions, the duties of which are scholastic instruction or to educate or test the ability to instruct. Subdivision 1. Principals of schools.
2. Teachers in all branches, other than such as are otherwise
specially provided for in this classification.
3. Examiners of educational and scholastic qualifications. Group M. Mechanics and craftsmen, which term shall include all positions requiring special mechanical skill, or as tradesmen, not classed as laborers. Subdivision 1. Mechanics, craftsmen and tradesmen, whose duties shall be
actual service as such.
2. Instructors in any handicraft or mechanical or other trade. Group N. Miscellaneous positions, which term shall include all positions requiring expert or other qualifications not embraced in the exempt or noncompetitive classes, or in other groups in this class. Subdivision 1. Superintendents of institutions, who are not necessarily
physicians or instructors.