« PreviousContinue »
IN AN OFFICE OF INSTITUTION OF MINISTERS INTO PARISHES OR CHURCHES.
1. The rest of the former title is omitted.
2. A change is made in the first rubric after the Letter of Institution, so that the part before the words, the Wardens, reads as follows:
T On the day designated for the new Incumbent's Institution, at the usual hour of Morning Prayer, the Bishop, or the Institutor appointed by him, attended by the new Incumbent, and by the other Clergy present, shall enter the Chancel. Then all the Clergy present standing in the Chancel or Choir, except the Bishop, or the Priest who acts as Institutor, who shall go within the rails of the Altar;
3. All reference to Institution by a Standing Committee, or to the Institution of an Assistant Minister, is omitted.
4. The rubrics are modified so as to provide for the Bishop as Institutor, though he may appoint à Priest to act for him in the service, and the Letter of Institution may be read by another.
5. In the rubric before the form of delivery of the books, the word State is changed to Diocesan.
6. The Anthem Laudate Nomen is omitted; and it is provided that in its place Psalm lxviii. or Psalm xxvi. shall be said or sung.
THE ARTICLES OF RELIGION
are to be printed at the end of the book and have a distinct title-page.