Cuba: True Stories
From revolution to embargo, from the charms of old Havana to the beaches of the Bay of Pigs, from the hypnotic rhythms of Caribbean music to voodoo influences, Cuba is a country of passion and complexity, a political dinosaur on the verge of dramatic change. Travelers’ Tales Cuba is an eye-opening literary ensemble, in which Cuba emerges with all its strengths and weaknesses, convictions and contradictions.
In Travelers’ Tales Cuba:
• Swivel your hips with Stephanie Elizondo Griest as she dances with Havana’s mistress of rumba
• Pick up hitchhikers with Dave Eggers and meet the starting center for the Cuban women’s national basketball team
• Feel the heartbeat of Cuba on late night musical excursions with Henry Shukman
• Learn the Cuban secret to life—making the most of what you have—with Cristina Garcia
• Join Patrick Symmes on his search for the Ernesto "Che" Guevara legend
• Glimpse the quirks, charm, and creativity of Cubans on an unusal bus ride with Eduardo Galeano... and much more.
What people are saying - Write a review
Reviews aren't verified, but Google checks for and removes fake content when it's identified
Travelers' Tales Cuba: True StoriesUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
Since it is illegal for U.S. citizens to vacation in Cuba (you need to have a journalistic, cultural, or educational purpose), for many this new book in the popular "Travelers' Tales" series may just ... Read full review