« PreviousContinue »
In this edition, the heavy-faced figures (12.1, 13.1, etc.) inserted in the text indicate the divisions that are employed in Potts' Swedenborg Concordance.
ND I saw a beast coming up out of the sea
having seven heads and ten horns, and upon
his horns ten diadems, and upon his heads a name of blasphemy.
2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion; and the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority. 3.
And I saw one of his heads as if it had been wounded to death; and the stroke of his death was healed; and the whole earth wondered after the beast.
4. And they worshipped the dragon which gave authority unto the beast; and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5. And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and there was given unto him authority to work forty-two months.
6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle and them that dwell in heaven.
7. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints and to overcome them; and there was given to him authority over every tribe and tongue and nation.
8. And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, whose names have not been written in the book of life of the Lamb that hath been slain from the foundation of the world.