« PreviousContinue »
(3) The Federal Advisory Committee Act shall not apply to the Advisory Committee to the extent that the provisions of this title are inconsistent with that Act.
SEC. 407.166 DEFINITIONS.
For purposes of this title
(1) the term "Advisory Committee" means the Advisory Committee on Historical Diplomatic Documentation for the Department of State;
(2) the term "Historian" means the Historian of the Department of State or any successor officer of the Department of State responsible for carrying out the functions of the Office of the Historian, Bureau of Public Affairs, of the Department of State, as in effect on the date of enactment of this title;
(3) the term "originating agency" means, with respect to a record, the department, agency, or entity of the United States (or any officer or employee thereof of acting in his official capacity) that originates, develops, publishes, issues, or otherwise prepares that record or receives that record from outside the United States Government; and
(4) the term "record" includes any written material (including any document, memorandum, correspondence, statistical data, book, or other papers), map, photograph, machine readable material, or other documentary material, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received by an agency of the United States Government under Federal law or in connection with the transaction of public business and preserved or appropriate for preservation by that agency or its legitimate successor as evidence of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, operations, or other activities of the Government or because of the informational value in them, and such term does not include library or museum material made or acquired and preserved solely for reference or exhibition purposes, any extra copy of a document preserved only for convenience of reference, or any stocks of publications or of processed documents.
166 22 U.S.C. 4357.
Sec. 1. Short title.......
Sec. 2. Table of contents.
Sec. 122. Transfers and reprogrammings. [amends other legislation]
Sec. 174. Reassignment and retirement of former presidential appointees.
Sec. 233. Technical amendment relating to Near and Middle East research and training.
Sec. 234. Distribution within the United States of certain materials of the
Sec. 235. American studies collections.
Sec. 236. Educational and cultural exchanges with Tibet.
Sec. 237. Scholarships for East Timorese students.
Sec. 238. Cambodian scholarship and exchange programs.
Sec. 239. Increasing African participation in USIA exchange programs.
Sec. 242. International exchange programs involving disability related mat
PART C-MIKE MANSFIELD FELLOWSHIPS (SEE PAGE 945]
Sec. 251. Short title.
Sec. 252. Establishment of fellowship program.
Sec. 253. Program requirements.
Sec. 254. Separation of Government personnel during the fellowships.
Sec. 256. Liability for repayments.
Sec. 257. Definitions.
TITLE III-UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING ACT [SEE PAGE
Sec. 301. Short title.
Sec. 302. Congressional findings and declaration of purposes.
Sec. 303. Standards and principles.
Sec. 304. Establishment of broadcasting Board of Governors.
Sec. 305. Authorities of the Board.
Sec. 306. Foreign policy guidance.
Sec. 307. International Broadcasting Bureau.
Sec. 308. Limits on grants for Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty.
Sec. 309. Radio Free Asia.
Sec. 310. Transition.
Sec. 311. Preservation of American jobs.
Sec. 312. Privatization of Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty.
Sec. 314. Definitions.
Sec. 315. Technical and conforming amendments.
TITLE IV-INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
PART A-UNITED NATIONS REFORM AND PEACEKEEPING OPERATIONS
Sec. 401. United Nations Office of Inspector General.
Sec. 402. United States participation in management of the United Nations..
Sec. 404. Assessed contributions for United Nations peacekeeping oper
Sec. 405. United States personnel taken prisoner while serving in multinational forces......
Sec. 406. Transmittals of certain United Nations documents. [amends other legislation]
Se 407. Consultations and reports....
Sec. 408. Transfers of excess defense articles for international peacekeeping operations.
Sec. 409. Reform in budget decisionmaking procedures of the United Nations and its specialized agencies..
Sec. 410. Limitation on contributions to the United Nations and affiliated organizations...
Sec. 411. United Nations Security Council membership.
Sec. 412. Reforms in the World Health Organization....
Sec. 413. Reforms in the Food and Agriculture Organization....
Sec. 414. Sense of Congress regarding adherence to United Nations Charter..