« PreviousContinue »
Forms of Doxology
SELECTED and prepaRED
REV. THOMAS SMYTH.
CHARLESTON, S. C.:
PRINTED BY B. B. HUSSEY, 36 broad STREET.
FORMS OF DOXOLOGY.
FOR CLOSING PRAYER.
1. Through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Heb. xiii. 21.
2. Now, to Him that is of power to establish you according to the gospel of Jesus Christ: To God the only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. Rom. xvi. 25, 27.
3. Through Jesus Christ who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. Rom. ix. 5.
4. Who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Gal. i. 4, 5.
5. Now, unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us; unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Eph. iii. 20, 21.
6. Now, unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Tim. i. 17.
7. Through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Pet. iv. 11.
8. Through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, to whom be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Pet. iii. 18.
9. Now unto Him that is able to keep us from falling, and to present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy; to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 24, 25.
10. Unto Him who loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Rev. i. 5, 6.
11. Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb, for ever and ever. Rev. v. 13.
12. Through Jesus Christ our Lord; to whom with thee an the Holy Ghost be all honour and glory, world without end Amen.
13. Through the might of Jesus Christ our Lord.
14. And this we beg, for Jesus Christ's sake.
15. Grant this, O Lord, for the honour of our advocate and mediator Jesus Christ.
16. Grant this, O Lord, for the love of thy Son, our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
17. For the sake and merits of thy Son, our blessed Saviour and Redeemer. Amen.
18. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost ever one God, world without end.
19. Hear us, O Lord, for thy mercy is great; and after the multitude of thy mercies look upon us, through the merits and mediation of thy blessed Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
20. Grant this, for thine only Son Jesus Christ's sake.
21. May thy bountiful grace and mercy speedily help and deliver us, through the satisfaction of thy Son; to whom, with thee and the Holy Ghost, be honour and glory, world without end. Amen.
22. May we be found, O Lord Jesus Christ, an acceptable people in thy sight, who livest and reignest with the Father and the Holy Spirit ever one God, world without end. Amen.
23. May we rise to life immortal, through Him who liveth and neigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost, now and ever. Amen.
24. That we, thy servants, may evermore give thanks unto thee in thy holy church, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
25. We praise thee, we bless thee, we worship thee, we glorify thee, we give thanks to thee, O Lord God, heavenly King, God the Father Almighty; and thee, O Lord Jesus Christ, who only art the Lord, for thou only, O Christ, with the Holy Ghost, are most High in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
26. Through the merits of Jesus Christ our Saviour, who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the same Spirit, one God, world without end.
27. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, by whom and with whom, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, all honour and glory be unto thee, O Father Almighty, world without end. Amen.
whom with theez world without a
f our advocate
Son, our Savie
ur blessed Sar
st, an acc with the Fate Out end. A
Him who ins now and eve
ve thanks Our Lord rship the God, hear O Lord Christ
od the F
Saviber vi Same Se
32. Through thy merits, O blessed Jesus, thou gracious liveth and reg Bishop and Shepherd of our souls, who art, with the Father and the Holy Ghost, one God, world without end. Amen.
world withoute eat; and after gh the merits ur Lord A hrist's sake speedily her ; to whom
y, world w
28. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost: As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
29. Help, Lord, and save us for thy mercies sake, in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
30. This, we beg, through thy merits, O Lord, our Saviour and our Redeemer. Amen.
31. These things, and whatever else thou shalt see necessary and convenient for us, we humbly beg, through the merits and mediation of thy Son Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. Amen.
33. O God, Holy Ghost, sanctifier of the faithful, visit, we pray thee, this congregation with thy love and favour; enlighten their minds more and more with the light of the everlasting gospel; graft in their hearts a love of the truth; increase in them true religion; nourish them with all goodness; and of thy great mercy keep them in the same, O blessed Spirit, who with the Father and the Son together, we worship and glorify as one God, world without end. Amen.
34. O God, the Father of heaven, have mercy upon us, miserable sinners. O God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy upon us, miserable sinners. O God, the Holy Ghost, proceeding from the Father and the Son, have mercy upon us, miserable sinners. O holy, blessed, and glorious Trinity, three persons and one God, have mercy upon us, miserable sinners. Favourably with mercy hear our prayers, through our only mediator and advocate, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
35. Lord, have mercy upon us. Son of God, we beseech thee to hear us. Spirit of all grace, favourably with mercy hear our prayers. Glory be to the Father, &c.
36. O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake defer not, O Lord my God. According unto the multitude of thy mercies-according to the riches of thy grace-for thine own sake, O Lord, and for thy Christ's sake, be merciful unto us sinners, to the glory of thy rich and sovereign mercy in Christ Jesus. Amen.
37. For all thy mercies, O God the Father, we give thanks unto thee always, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to whom, with thee, &c.
46 Vol. IX.