« PreviousContinue »
1789, to the Battle of Waterloo,” &c., &c.
Vol. IV. William Blackwood and Sons,
VII. - The NATIONAL AND KILDARE PLACE SYSTEMS :-
1. The Twenty-first Report of the Commissioners
of National Education in Ireland, (for the year
2. Fifteenth Report of the Church Education
Society for Ireland. Being for the year 1854. .
QUARTERLY RECORD OF THE PROGRESS OF REFORMATORY
SCHOOLS, AND OP PRISON DISCIPLINE.
Notes OF VISIT TO
I.-A QUARTETTE OF IRISH POETS:
1. The Poems of Thomas Davis. Now first
collected. With Notes and Historical Illus-
trations. Dublin : Published by James Duffy,
7, Wellingon-quay. London: Simpkin,
Marshall, and Co., Stationers' Hall Court.
2. The Poetical Works of Gerald Griffin, Esq.
London : Simms and M'Intyre, Paternoster-
II.—THE VALUATION OF IRELAND :-
1. 15 and 16 Vic. Cap. 63. An Act to amend
the Laws relating to the Valuation of rateable
2. A Bill, as amended in Committee, for the
Valuation of lands and heritages in Scotland.
3. Civil Service Gazette. London : Septem-
4. Instructions to the Valuators and Surveyors
appointed under the 15 and 16 Vic., Cap. 63,
for the uniform Valuation of lands and tene-
LL.D., F.R.S.E., M.R.I.A., F.G.S.L., & D. 732
III.—JUVENILE DELINQUENTS AND THEIR MANAGE-
1. First Annual Report of the Directors of
Convict Prisons in Ireland. Presented to
both Houses of Parliament by command of
2. Crime : its Amount, Causes and Remedies.
By Frederick Hill, Barrister-at-law, late In-
spector of Prisons. 1 Vol., London: John
3. Prison Discipline, and the advantages of
the separate system of imprisonment, with a
detailed account of the discipline now pur-
sued in the new County Gaol at Reading.
By the Rev. J. Field, M.A., Chaplain. 2
Vols., London: Longman and Co. 1948.
4. Chapters on Prisons and Prisoners.
Joseph Kingsmill, M.A., Chaplain of Penton-
ville Prison, London. Third Edition, 1 Vol.,
London : Longman and Co. 1954.
5. Reformatory Schools. A Letter to C. B.
Adderley, Esq., M.P. By the Rev. Sydney
Turner, Resident Chaplain of the Philan-
thropic Farm School, Red Hill. London :
6. Hints on the Discipline appropriate to
Schools. By Arthur Hill. London: Long-
IV.—John BANIM :- Part VII. The return home.
London : Old friends. Lines to Banim by
1. Scènes de la Vie de Bohême, par Henry
Lettre à l'Empereur Napoleon III. Septem-
VII.- Tue WAR AND THE FUTURE :
1. Speech of Lord Palmerston, at Romsey.
of “The Leeds Mercury.'
VIII.- QUARTERLY Record op THE PROGRESS OF
or Prisoy DISCIPLINE.