« PreviousContinue »
Tbe world's Classics Pott svo, leather, gilt, 25. net; cloth, Is. net. (All volumes, with the exception of Works of Fiction, can be obtained bound in buckram, paper label, gilt top, is. 6d. net each, and in parchment, gilt back, side, top, and silk marker, in case, 25. 6d. net each.) I. Charlotte Brontë's Jane 25. Hazlitt's Winterslow.
Eyre. Second Impression. 26. Hawthorne's Scarlet 2. Lamb's Essays of Elia. Letter. Third Impression.
27. Macaulay's Lays of 3. Tennyson's Poems. 1830– Ancient Rome.
1858. Third Impression. 28. Thackeray's Henry 4. Goldsmith's
of Esmond. Wakefield. Second Im- 29. Scott's Ivanhoe. pression.
36. Emerson's English Traits. 5. Hazlitt's
Table Talk. 31. George Eliot's Mill on Second Impression.
the Floss. 6. Emerson's Essays. Third 32. Selected English Essays. Impression.
Chosen and Arranged by 7. Keats' Poems. Second
33. Hume's Essays. 8. Dickens' Oliver Twist. 34. Burns' Poems. 9. The Ingoldsby Legends. 35. Gibbon's Roman Empire. Second Impression.
Vol. I. 10. Emily Brontë's Wuther- 36. Pope's Odyssey of Homer. ing Heights.
37. Dryden's Virgil. 11. Darwin's Origin of 38. Dickens' Tale of Two Species. Second Impres- Cities.
39. Longfellow's Poems. 12. Bunyan's Pilgrim's Pro- Vol. I. gress,
40. Sterne's Tristram 13. English Songs and Bal- Shandy.
lads. Compiled by T. W. 41. Buckle’s History of Civili
H. CROSLAND. Second zation. Vol. I. | Impression.
42. Chaucer's Works. Vol. I. 14. Charlotte Brontë's Shir- From the Text of Professor ley.
SKEAT. (By permission 15. Hazlitt's Sketches and of the Oxford University
Essays. Second Impres- Press.)
43. Machiavelli's Prince. 16. Herrick's Poems.
Translated by Luigi Ricci. 17. Defoe's Robinson Crusoe. 44. Gibbon's Roman Empire. 18. Pope's Iliad of Homer.
Vol. II. 19. Carlyle's Sartor Re-45. Selected English Prose. sartus.
Chosen and Arranged by 20. Swift's Gulliver's Travels. W. PEACOCK. 21. Poe's Tales of Mystery 46. Tolstoy's Essays.
and Imagination. 47. Charlotte Brontë's Vil22. White's History of Sel- lette. borne.
48. Buckle's History of CiviQuincey's Opium lization. Vol. II. Eater.
49. Thomas à Kempis' of the 24. Bacon's Essays.
Imitation of Christ.
The Skeleton in Armour
The Wreck of the Hesperus