« PreviousContinue »
Subdivision 4. Bookkeepers, accountants.
5. Stenographers and typewriters.
Group B. Cashiers, which term shall include all positions, the duties of which are the actual receipt, custody or disbursement of money or the enforcement of the accountability for the same. Subdivision 1. Cashiers, tellers, paymasters, disbursing
agents or clerks, financial clerks. 2. Auditors, controllers.
Group C. Custodians and messengers, which term shall include all positions, the duties of which are the charge of property or persons, or as attendants. Subdivision 1. Stewards who are not disbursing agents,
superintendents of buildings. 2. Matrons. 3. Storekeepers. 4. Prison and reformatory keepers and
guards. 5. Officers, attendants, nurses, etc., hav
ing care of inmates of institutions
and hospitals. 6. Protectors of forests, fisheries and
game. 7. Messengers, ushers, attendants, order
lies, marshals, criers, porters, watch
men, in courts and offices.
Group D. Engineers, which term shall include all positions where qualifications of an engineering or cognate character are required.
· Subdivision 1. Civil engineers.
2. Levelers, surveyors, rodmen.
Group E. Inspectors, which term shall include all positions, the duties of which are the inspection of materials or workmanship or the supervision of laborers. Subdivision 1. Superintendents of construction or re
pairs when not civil engineers or
architects. 2. Inspectors of masonry, iron work and
other materials and workmanship. 3. Electrical inspectors. 4. Overseers, foremen.
Group F. Special agents, which term shall include all positions requiring detective ability. Subdivision 1. Examiners for the banking department.
2. Examiners for the insurance depart
ment. 3. Examiners for the Comptroller and
other State officers.
Subdivision 4. Examiners for State boards and com
missions. 5. Deputy factory inspectors. 6. Special excise agents. 7. Inspectors of milk, butter, cheese, vine
Group G. Law positions, which term shall include all positions requiring some legal knowledge. Subdivision 1. Law clerks, brief clerks, statutory re
vision clerks, clerks in other offices,
Group H. Medical positions, which term shall include all positions requiring medical or pharmaceutic knowledge. Subdivision 1. Superintendents of asylums and hospi
tals, who are necessarily physicians. 2. Physicians, surgeons. 3. Medical examiners. 4. Medical internes. 5. Pathologists. 6. Health officers. 7. Sanitary experts and inspectors. 8. Pharmacists, apothecaries. 9. Veterinarians.
Group I. Mathematicians, which term shall include all positions requiring special mathematical qualifications. Subdivision 1. Actuaries, statisticians, computers.
2. Expert accountants.
Group J. Scientists, which term shall include all posttions requiring special scientific knowledge. Subdivision 1. Geologists.
Group K. Agriculturists, which term shall include all positions requiring agricultural or horticultural knowledge, including arboriculture and the breeding and care of domestic animals. Subdivision 1. Agriculturists, farmers.
2. Horticulturists, gardeners, arboricul
turists. Group L. Instructors, which term shall include all positions, the duties of which are scholastic instruction, or to educate or test the ability to instruct. Subdivision 1. Principals of schools.
2. Teachers in all branches, other than
such as are otherwise specially pro
vided for in this classification. 3. Examiners of educational and scholas
tic qualifications. Group M. Mechanics and craftsmen, which term shall include all positions requiring special mechanical skill, or as tradesmen, not classed as laborers. Subdivision 1. Mechanics, craftsmen and tradesmen,
whose duties shall be actual service
as such. 2. Instructors in any handicraft or me
chanical or other trade.
Group N. Miscellaneous positions, which term shall include all positions requiring expert or other qualifications not embraced in the exempt or noncompetitive classes, or in other groups in this class. Subdivision 1. Superintendents of institutions, who are
not necessarily physicians or in
structors. 2. Chief and assistant librarians. 3. Interpreters. 4. Proofreaders. 5. Superintendents of hatcheries. 6. Other positions, except those specific
ally named in this classification as in other groups or hereafter included in
1. The omission in the above classification of any official designation or appellation of a position in the service shall not exclude such position from the classification, as it will be comprised in the group and subdivision to which it belongs by the general definition and specifications of such group and subdivision.
2. The Commission may further subdivide for the purposes of examination the positions in any group or subdivision thereof, so as to test practically the special qualifications requisite for such positions.
3. The classification of all positions shall be governed solely by the respective duties and functions of such positions, and in requesting from the Commission certifications from eligible lists for selection for appointment, the heads of offices shall give in detail the duties attached to sucli positions, and shall name so near as may be the groups