« PreviousContinue »
4. Whose horse do you think I bought ? 5. Having come here, I asked this girl who she was and
what she was writing. 6. Being frightened at these lions' voices, that girl ran
to the gates of this camp to see the general of my
army. 7. This little judge was asking us who that big robber
8. Balbus and you were asked what you
23. E. 1. Who do you think the girls whom we saw were ? 2. Balbus and I had asked the general of this army
what he was going to do. 3. Do you know what these soldiers said to that
cavalry ? 4. Being asked what we were doing, we said we were
writing letters. 5. This girl says she did not know who Caius and I
Caius and I heard that you had expected that these
soldiers would be conquered. Do you know whom the Gauls we saw have con
quered ? We believe that your sister does not know what we
have said to the robbers.
23. F. That which Balbus said was bad. We asked him
what he had said,
2. This is the girl who said that. These are the boys
whose brother you saw. 3. Those girls that you saw said they were Caius's
sisters. I had asked who they were. 4. The judge asked me who I was, and what I was
doing, and who my sister was. 5. They will ask
you are doing, and who
brothers are. 6. Do you know who the girls are and what they have
done ? 7. That girl's brother says he is this boy's father. 8. Who built the wall that you saw ? Who did you
think had built it ?
1. What do you think these robbers will do? I don't
know what they have done. 2. I believe that those girls asked Caius whose walls he
had built. 3. This little judge says he shall ask Balbus whose
dragons he is holding. 4. The girl, being seen by that judge, said, “ Who do
you think I am ?” 5. These soldiers, having caught that robber, said,
“Who are you, and what are you doing?" 6. That robber being caught by these soldiers, was
asked who he was and what he was doing. 7. You and Caius will be asked what you said to this
girl's brother. 8. Did
would be asked what you were going to do?
you think you
1. Balbús, having conquered his enemies, returned to
this camp to ask us what we should do. 2. Caius, having heard that I was writing letters, said
he did not know what you would do. 3. I believe that your sister, being asked what she
should do, replied that she should build walls. 4. Caius, having come here, asked me what I had said
to this robber. 5. Balbus says that he knows who you are and what
you have done. 6. You and I were asked what we should say to this
boy's good sister. 7. Caius and you will be asked who you are and what
have done. 8. This judge having said he had conquered Caius,
promised to give me a horse.
1. My sister having advised me not to return to Rome,
came here to ask Caius what he should do. 2. Not having heard who you were, I came here to ask
Portia what she had done. 3. Having asked my brother what he expected the
Gauls would do, I said I would return home. 4. I
sister will be asked who you are, and.what you said to this husbandman. 5. Do you suppose that Balbus knows what we are
doing, and what Caius said to Portia ? 6. I don't know what he expects you and I shall do.
1. What does Portia think I asked Caius to do? 2. Who do you suppose advised me to buy your horse ? 3. Caius, being asked what he expected we should say,
replied that he hoped we should praise him. 4. They say that Portia, being asked who advised her
to come, replied that she had been sent here by
5. What did you say you thought I had done ? 6. Caius and I, n'ot having heard what you had done,
and whose horse you had bought, were hoping that you and Portia would ask us what we should buy.
23. K. 1. Having returned here to buy horses, I asked your
mother what she would say to Portia. 2. Not having heard what Caius had done, I asked my
brother who Portia was and what she was writing. 3. Do you know what she expects we shall say ? 4. Whose son did you think I had hoped to see? 5. Balbus says he did not know who you and Caius
6. Being asked what I had said and whose army I had
conquered, I replied that having conquered the Gauls, I had asked Portia what she would do.
23. L. 1. Did you know who she had said we were ? 2. Caius says he doesn't know what we shall do.
3. Having advised Portia not to trust the army of the
Gauls, I asked my brothers whom they had
conquered. 4. Who do you think built this wall that you see, and
what do you suppose I am doing ? 5. My sister and I, not having heard what you were
writing, came here to say we had been advised
to return to our camp. 6. My brother says he expects to be asked whose wall
he built, and whose horses he hopes to buy.