« PreviousContinue »
1. I said I had come here to see you and Portia. 2. We had advised Caius and you not to buy the
horses. 3. Do you expect that Balbus will come here to see
and hear us ? 4. Were you hoping that my sister would come here to
see you and buy your horses ? 5. I believe that Caius is walking to Rome to buy
flowers. 6. Cæsar says he has come here to conquer the Gauls. 7. Our enemies will think we have come to conquer
Caius. 8. I should have advised
you to build my table.
13. L. 1. Shall you walk to the city of Rome to buy a dragon ? 2. Caius says he came here to see and hear the king's
daughters. 3. You and I had walked to Rome to write letters. 4. Have you advised my
sister's son not to write letters ? 5. I was asking Portia to buy the good husbandmen's
6. Portia and Caius asked me not to frighten their
mother. 7. The girls had asked you and me to praise their
brother, 8. The judges will advise you and Caius to see and
hear their sisters.
1. We should have given Balbus's sister our flowers.
1. I had given you and your brother my books. 2. Balbus came here to give dragons to his son and
daughter. 3. The girls promised to give their brothers birds and
flowers. 4. I think that my sisters gave you and your son their
flowers. 5. Shall you give Caius
horse ? 6. I thought that you were giving flowers to the happy
girls. 7. We said that we had given the judge our horses. 8. Didn't you promise to give me and my sisters your
1. Balbus and Caius gave their horses to the judge and
the husbandman. 2. I said that I had given Caius and Balbus my horses. 3. We had thought that you and your brother would
give roses to the king. 4. The girls were promising to give me and my sisters
their flowers. 5. I came here to give the boys my flowers. 6. The girls will come here to give my brother flowers. 7. Don't
think that Balbus is giving his dragons to the judge ? 8. I thought that the good husbandmen would give you
and me their fox.
1. I have come here to give you my
flowers. 2. We said that Balbus had given Caius a horse. 3. Do you think that Caius's sister will give me her
flowers ? 4. We would have come here to give your son our
books. 5. My daughters had promised to give the judge their
flowers. 6. Your brother says that I gave Caius a horse and a
dragon. 7. The judge hopes that I shall not give Balbus my
dragons. 8. I believe that Caius asked us to give his sister our
1. I asked Balbus to give me his horse.
1. My sister's son was promising to give me a horse. 2. Caius said he would give his sister his horses. 3. I asked you not to give Balbus your dragon. 4. I believe you came here to avoid my dragons. 5. Do
think that Balbus believes Portia ? 6. Portia said she should not trust the Gauls. 7. I shall ask Balbus not to trust our enemies. 8. He has asked Caius and me not to trust his brother. EXERCISES No. 15.
15. A. 1. You and your daughter had promised to come. 2. Balbus and I were hoping to see your sister. 3. My sisters have advised me not to walk to Rome. 4. Your brothers promised to give me their horse. 5. Balbus was asking us to give his sister a dragon. 6. I should have advised you not to trust the bad robber. 7. Caius says he advised us to come here. 8. Did you think I had asked you to come here?
15. B. 1. You and I were expecting to see and hear Portia. 2. The good husbandmen say they have come to see us. 3. I have come to see you and hear your
voice. 4. We had advised you not to trust the robbers. 5. Caius says the king promised to give us a horse. 6. My son thought I was asking him to come. 7. Did you say that Portia was coming to see us ? 8. I thought your sister would come to see us.
15. C. 1. Did your brother expect that we should come ? 2. Caius and I have promised to give Balbus a fox. 3. My brother thinks that the judges praised your sister,