« PreviousContinue »
CONTENTS OF VOL. I.
world-Brought to light by the Gospel.
2. Various readings-Sources of correction.
Manner in which the claim of containing a divine revelation is
2. Mr. Hume's argument against miracles-Circumstan-
3. How far the argument from miracles is affected by the
John xi. Exhibition of character-The historian-The other
SECT. 1. Antiquity and integrity of the books of the Old Tes-
tament-Hope of the Messiah founded on the re-
Magnificence and extent of the system of prophecy-Jesus the
Resurrection of Christ an essential fact in the history of his re-
4. Measure of the effect produced by the means em-
Inspiration not impossible-Three degrees of it-Necessary
SECT. 1. The Gospel a republication of Natural Religion-
2. The Gospel a method of saving sinners-Duties con..