« PreviousContinue »
PUBLISHED BY OTIS, BROADERS, AND CO.,
No. 154 WASHINGTON STREET.
the French and illustrated by Extracts from an un-
published Memoir, and from M. de Sismondi's Private
Journals and Letters; with a Preliminary Essay by
III. RICHARD BRINSLEY SHERIDAN
1. The Dramatic Works of Richard Brinsley Sher-
idan. With a Biographical and Critical Sketch. By
2. Speeches of the Right Honorable Richard Brins-
ley Sheridan. Edited by a Constitutional Friend.
Modern Painters. By a Graduate of Oxford.
Prison Discipline in America. By Francis C. GRAY.
VI. EMERSON ON THE TREES OF MASSACHUSETTS
A Report on the Trees and Shrubs growing natu-
rally in the Forests of Massachusetts. [By GEORGE
the Legislature by the Commissioners on the Zoolog-
ical and Botanical Survey of the State.
VII. LONGFELLOW's EVANGELINE: THE HISTORY OF ACA-
Evangeline, a Tale of Acadie. By HENRY WADS- :
1. Capobianco's Ecclesiastical Narrative.
2. Lincoln's Selections from Livy
3. Locke Amsden, or the Schoolmaster
4. The Life and Journals of Samuel Shaw . . 250
5. Nichol's Contemplations on the Solar System 253
6. Goodrich's Edition of Webster's Dictionary . 256
NOTE TO ARTICLE V. ON PRISON DISCIPLINE.
In the citation from Mr. Gray's book on our 181st page,
there is a mistake which is noticed in a short list of correc-
tions prefixed to his volume, but which unluckily escaped
About the middle of the extract, instead of
the assertion, that the prisoners at Pentonville“ pass an hour
“ The prisoners take turns in cleaning the corridors every